International Translation Day 2022: A world without barriers
FIT Annual Poster Competition
Celebrating International Translation Day 2022
“A world without barriers”
The International Federation of Translators (FIT) proudly announces its annual poster competition celebrating International Translation Day (ITD) each 30 September. FIT Council asks member associations to spread the word to encourage professional designers in their countries to submit poster designs to celebrate ITD.
The FIT World Congress, postponed from 2020 due to COVID-19, will finally take place on 1-3 June 2022, and therefore the ITD 2022 theme will also celebrate our Congress theme “A World without Barriers: The Role of Language Professionals in Building Culture, Understanding and lasting Peace”, recognising the vital role of professional translation in connecting the world despite barriers of all types and bringing people together.
The poster competition is one means of accomplishing FIT’s strategic priorities: to promote and be the voice of translators, terminologists and interpreters around the world and to build a united, sustainable, recognised profession to fulfil the ever-expanding global need for translation. The winning poster will be made available via the FIT website for member associations to print out and use for their communication and visibility purposes and local ITD events under FIT’s Creative Commons licence.
The competition is open to any professional designer — related to a FIT member or not — who designs a poster to pay tribute to the pivotal role of professional translators in promoting a world without barriers, thus contributing to preserving culture and cultivating global understanding and lasting peace.
The FIT Council thanks you for your cooperation in spreading the poster competition announcement among designers!
- The poster must be suitable for use around the world and the motif must symbolise the theme A world without barriers.
- The poster must include the FIT logo that can be downloaded from the FIT website.
- The poster must include in English, French and Spanish, the FIT official languages, all of the following:
- 1. copyright indication:
- International Federation of Translators. CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.
- Fédération Internationale des Traducteurs. CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.
- Federación Internacional de Traductores. CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.
- 2. the theme:
- A world without barriers
- Un monde sans barrières
- Un mundo sin barreras
- 3. the title:
- International Translation Day 2022
- Journée mondiale de la traduction 2022.
- Día Internacional de la Traducción 2022.
- 1. copyright indication:
- In addition, a secondary version with the theme in English and/or French and/or Spanish + one or several unspecified local languages to be added by users around the world can be submitted. All fonts must be embedded in the file so that local language versions can be produced.
- The poster must be available in online and print formats (print up to A2 size). The winner will also be asked to provide a banner design with the same motif to be used as a header/footer on web pages, email signatures etc.
- The poster must be submitted via the form found on the FIT website using formats required by the form. No email submissions will be accepted.
The FIT ITD Prize consists of CHF 500 together with a commemorative certificate.
The winner will be listed in the ITD section of the FIT website and FIT will produce a press release on the winning entry and the designer. The design will be used in FIT correspondence and social media from June 2022 onwards, and all FIT member organisations are encouraged to use the design in conjunction with their ITD events.
Entries must be submitted by 31 July 2022 via the online form above.
FIT Council will vote on the best submission and the winner will be notified directly, with the result published in August 2022.