On this page you will find links and information relevant to the translation, terminology and interpreting (TTI) profession.
- ISO 17100 – FAQS for freelance translators
- PEN Club : The Quebec Declaration on Literary Translation and Translators (2015)
- Guide for Establishing a New Translators’ Association
- FIT Europe Brochure: Are you a new translator or interpreter or keen on developing your career?
- Conflict Zone Field Guide for Civilian Translators/Interpreters and Users of Their Services. FIT in partnership with Red T and the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC), has drafted a Conflict Zone Field Guide for Civilian Translators/Interpreters and Users of Their Services. This document outlines the basic rights, responsibilities, and practices recommended by the three organizations. It applies to translators and interpreters serving as field linguists for the armed forces, journalists, NGOs and other organizations in conflict zones and other high-risk settings. English, French, Arabic, Dutch, Dari, German, Hebrew, Pashto, Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish, Russian, Italian, Belarusian, Finnish, Turkish
- The Nairobi Recommendation
- Brochure for Translation Buyers: Getting it Right
- Overall costs of non-quality in translation – A report from the European Commission